Boston Azure Project nearly ready to be published

Coordinator
Jun 23, 2010 at 3:12 AM
We are getting there..
  1. Source Code has been Uploaded (Joan plans to verify tomorrow)
  2. Project summary page has been cleaned up
  3. Several folks have been added as Coordinators
  4. A License has been selected (BSD) - please comment if you have opinions

It would also be nice to have a few more ideas listed in the Issue Tracker - hopefully everyone can put in a couple that might come to mind for you.

What else would you like to see done before this is made visible to the general public?

-Bill

Coordinator
Jun 23, 2010 at 7:37 PM
Bill, I ended up downloading the SVN client. I tried TEE, but one part of it is a plugin for eclipse and the stand alone client requires a jre... so I wouldn't recommend as a first try. I was able to check out the source and build once the sln file was there. I even made a code change to fix the exception on the Events page and checked it in. I can give a 2 minute demo on how SVN works and put up a documentation page for it. Joan
Coordinator
Jun 24, 2010 at 3:43 AM

The project has been published - so it is now visible to the public. So it begins...

Coordinator
Jun 24, 2010 at 11:02 AM

I have a VS2010 that has TFS client. I used the TFS credentials given in the source control section. I successfully downloaded and built the bostonAzure solution.

Coordinator
Jun 24, 2010 at 11:47 AM
Thanks bosazure.

I also visited the site anonymously and accessed the source - it can be downloaded as a ZIP file without even logging in! I downloaded it and was able to run the application successfully this way. 

So we've now proven three ways to access it - TFS, SVN Client, and ZIP File. We are good to go!

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 7:02 AM, bosazure <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I have a VS2010 that has TFS client. I used the TFS credentials given in the source control section. I successfully downloaded and built the bostonAzure solution.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (bostonazure@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email bostonazure@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Jun 24, 2010 at 3:56 PM

I added a documentation page for getting started with SVN http://bostonazure.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Setting%20up%20SVN%20Client. Check it out.

Coordinator
Jun 24, 2010 at 5:47 PM

May be we should create a topic in the discusion group called getting from "here" to "there" bbased on Bills comment: "How would YOU recommend getting from "here" to "there" where here=today's hacked together non-azure site, and there=well designed uber-azurized site."

One suggestion we discussed was for today's meeting to describe the architecture and technologies of the current Boston Azure site. Describe how to utilize CodePlex to achieve our goal of migrating to a “well designed uber-azurized site” . For example, how to leverage the discussion forum to solicite ideas, express opinions and concerns. Then open up for discussions to solicit ideas from the user group and propose ideas.

I am sure we will get more ideas for getting from "here" to "there" after today’s meeting. I am really excited about this project.

Coordinator
Jun 24, 2010 at 6:00 PM

I have downloaded the source code for the current Boston Azure Website from CodePlex and have successfully built and ran the project. Events could not be listed because the database was not available understandably. Instead I see “Database not currently available” per Joan’s explanation above.