www.BostonAzure.org being redesigned

Coordinator
Nov 14, 2010 at 12:45 AM

Rebecca Pleshaw is having a go at making our web site look nice. Here is a screen shot of what the home page might become:

http://bostonazureweb.blob.core.windows.net/static/sitedesign/comps/ba_home_v2.png

If anyone thinks the current site (the one, ahem, I "designed") is nicer, please go have your eyes checked.

Also - gottta just love that logo. Does the type on the word "Boston" look familiar?

While the design is very nice, no design is perfect, and comments are surely welcome. Feel free to comment in response to this thread. Words of encouragement, ideas for improvement, or just other ideas - all are welcome.

Coordinator
Nov 14, 2010 at 11:00 AM

I love it. The Boston Skyscraper and cloud theme seems to be so fitting for BAUG website.  I am stumped trying to identify the type on the word "Boston" yet it looks so familiar. Will the FAQ area be database driven at some point?

Coordinator
Nov 14, 2010 at 12:49 PM
Nazik -
Regarding a database-driven FAQ - fine idea. Note that the FAQ as displayed so far is focused on meeting attendance, plus an Azure technology FAQ would also be of interest.
I will not yet comment on the typeface used for "Boston" on the new LOGO shown in the new site design... I am curious if folks recognize it or if it resonates. So I won't put a "spoiler" in this thread yet... :-)
-Bill
On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 7:01 AM, nazik <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I love it. The Boston Skyscraper and cloud theme seems to be so fitting for BAUG website. I am stumped trying to identify the type on the word "Boston" yet it looks so familiar. Will the FAQ area be database driven at some point?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (bostonazure@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email bostonazure@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Nov 18, 2010 at 5:37 PM

Darn, I cheated and searched google images. I know no what font type it is now. I leave it up to others to find. - Nazik