Web Role Never Starting in Dev Fabric

Developer
Dec 8, 2010 at 8:30 PM

I recently started integrating some changes into the Boston Azure website project and am having trouble getting my web role to start in the development fabric.

Basically. I made some changes to the project and then after about 3-4 times of it successfully starting up and launching the site it stopped working. While monitoring the web role in the diagnostics window of the dev app fabric I see it Starting and then going to the Busy state and then finally stopping and shutting down. I am hoping someone could give me some ideas on why this might be happening. I did notice one error when this first started concerning the maximum characters allowed for a path but this is not even happening anymore. Thoughts?

The path is too long after being fully qualified.  Make sure the full path is less than 260 characters and the directory name is less than 248 characters.

Developer
Dec 23, 2010 at 12:47 PM

Check out this blog entry in order to fix this issue. http://blog.cloudconstruct.com/post/Some-issues-with-my-latest-package-of-Windows-Azure.aspx